Marlin R. Clark, Ph.D.
During my 20 years in the Air Force, I was the Superintendent over two departments, Drug and Alcohol and Equal Opportunity Education. I was twice recognized as the top Equal Opportunity Education Non-commissioned Officer of the Year for the Strategic Air Command.
My education includes an Associates degree in Liberal Arts, Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, Masters degree in Human Relations while serving in the Air Force in England, UK, and a PhD in Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University.
Following the Air Force, I served as a drug and alcohol counselor and Director of Career Services at Gonzaga University. Additionally, I spent 11 years serving as both the Assistant Vice President for Student Services and Dean of Students for Salt Lake Community College, focusing on student conduct and social responsibility (civility) for approximately 60,000 students.
My civic engagements included; board membership on Millcreek Rotary Club International, Utah Governor’s Black Advisory Council, SOMOS educational scholarships for Hispanics, and co-founder of Advisory Committee for African American Affairs of Spokane, WA. Currently I’m a board member of the YMCA of Northern Utah, member of True Loyal Connections networking group, and small business member with Salt Lake City Black Chamber of Commerce.
In culmination of these of these significant leadership opportunities and other diverse cultural experiences my focus and interest has expanded to include helping businesses and organizations to improving customer service within their employee base and external customers, with an emphasis that customer service is “everyone’s right and everyone’s responsibility”.
MISSION & PURPOSE
Work with businesses and organizations to fully enculturate customer service as a priority value within their brand and mission statements.
a. Work with businesses and organizations to view customer service as more than a goal, but as an experience.
b. Work with businesses and organizations to assess customer service as a measurable qualitative metric of value.
c. Work with businesses and organizations to dismantle old customer service cultural and social habits for a more innovative and bold approach.
- Ph.D. in Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
- Previous, Assistant Vice President for Student Life, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
- Current Dean of Students, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
- Served on Governor Huntsman’s Black Advisory Council
- Adjunct Instructor, teaching Intercultural Communications, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
- Over 40 years of experience as Social Justice Advocate
- Utah State Title IX certification
- Regional, State and Local presenter on issues of civility
- YMCA Board member
- Small Business membership for Salt Lake City Black Chamber of Commerce
- As a social activist, Marlin works with community and business leaders to address issues of inequity in education for underrepresented and disenfranchised groups
- Marlin makes regional and local presentation to ethnic minority groups on the importance of finding their voice in pursuit of education and meaningful work in their communities
- Marlin works on committees to advocate and secure scholarships for ethnic minority students
- Marlin works with civic organizations to provide educational [add]and social opportunities for multicultural underrepresented and economically challenged youth
- Marlin is an activist for the disenfranchised, speaking out against disparate behaviors of injustice